Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What's old is new again

Way back when.. Like somewhere around 2001, I worked for Agency A, as did Top Dawg (from the "I have a pea" story).  That was, of course, before his lofty Top Dawg status.  Our Governor was the charismatic Governor K  (who happend to have a wife named Sharon, which may be the only reason I liked him -  but that's another story.)

As the story goes, Top Dawg went on to bigger and better things, eventually landing as the Top Dog at Agency B.  Governor K was replaced with Governor K2 and life went on for little ol' me, oblivous to how any of this political roulette affected my place in the world.

Well.. wouldn't you know it but ex-Governor K was re-elected this year?  And wouldn't you just know it that the new Governor: ex-Governor K wants Top Dawg back at Agency A?

The move was announced and completed today and now I've lost Top Dawg as my friend and ally at Agency B.  I hope that I have thoroughly proven my worth at Agency B or I might be looking for peas again!

As it happened, within an hour of this devastating announcement Top Dawg and I stumbled upon each other at a local eatery.  He sat at our table and participated in a bit of chit-chat.  Some World of Warcraft conversation with  my dining companion (his character "Bin" has reached the ripe old age of 84 and he's hoping to get him to 85 this weekend - apparently a magic number in WOW - I tried not to let my complete uninterest show as my eyes glazed over and my head began to nod.)  There was also a bit of conversation about this upheaval.  He is but a political puppet really.  At his level you go where you are appointed or you get kicked to the curb. 

I did not beg, but I did mention that I've heard Agency A was experiencing significant Sharon withdrawals and customers were complaining that nothing was getting resolved without me (and my team) and that perhaps it might be a good idea to bring me back over.. for the next 183 days anyway.

After that.. none of it matters because I'm SO OUTTA HERE!  (insert evil laughter here).

No comments:

Post a Comment