Friday, December 11, 2009

Goat Song: A Seasonal Life, A Short History of Herding, and the Art of Making Cheese

A loyal and faithful reader found this book and suggested it. It looks fascinating.. and it IS Christmas season... I'm just hinting.. :)

Speaking of Christmas season. Last night was the McKay High School Band concert. I have a video.

Tomorrow the McKay HS marching band is marching in Salem's Festival of Lights. The temperature has not been over 32 degrees here in a week (this morning it was 12). But fortunately it's been dry. Tomorrow it's supposed to start precipitating with freezing rain. Poor Jill. Poor Sharon and Peter who must go stand out there and watch. brrrrrrr..

There is a mathematical formula I'm working on.. If you take the ambient air temperature and divide it by the value assigned to the precipitation (freezing rain=2, snow=3, regular rain=1), minus the speed of the wind you come up with the temperature of my butt.

I'm figuring tomorrow my backside will be about (22/2)-5=6 degrees F. If they gave us relevant questions like this in high school algebra I probably would have gotten a better grade!


No comments:

Post a Comment