Saturday, December 26, 2009

Times.. They are a'changin'


Christmas is over. Whew. I have to confess, it wasn't one of my most favorites and I'm glad it's over. Dont' get me wrong. This Christmas was a fine Christmas spent with people I love. It was just so very different. 10 years ago I served dinner to close to 20 people. Chaos thrived and family ran willy-nilly everywhere. This year, there were 3 of us at the dinner table. I miss my son and I miss my mom.

The good thing we did, I suppose, was totally change things up. Dinner was wonderful dungeoness crab, salad, potatoes & home made bread. Untraditional but quite tasty. I think that helped with the whole "weird factor."


Today we went in search of brew supplies. Not having ENOUGH to do with wine and potatoes, we're going to try to make mead. No stores were open today so we'll have to wait awhile. I'm thinking we should try vodka. Afterall, Peter still has a thousand pounds of potatoes to eat before they go bad.

After our failed attempts at finding an open brewing supply store we headed south to check out Salt Creek Falls. Salt Creek falls is at 4,000 feet elevation along hwy 58, east of Oakridge. The icy roads started at about 3,000 feet. It is the second highest waterfall in Oregon.


It was absolutely worth the drive.

The temperature was well below freezing. But we posed for a photo anyway.


See? Here we are. You can see the waterfall in the background.



2 comments:

  1. very nice... I like..
    were you able to test your mathematical theorem on butt temp while you were at Salt Creek Falls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The formula needs a bit of tweaking. I'm pretty sure the backside was much colder than my algorithm. The rest of me stayed warm enough though.

    ReplyDelete