Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Yabba Dabba Boo Hoo

Remember that episode of The Flintstones where Fred is working in the rock quarry, get's momentarily distracted and has his Dinosaur drop a boulder on Mr. Slate's new Cadillac? Mr. Slate really let Fred have it.

Today I was Fred. I didn't drop a rock on anyone's car but I did make a mistake. I compromised the entire State of Oregon network infrastructure. Or.. at least you'd think I had. I did leave a door unlocked on OUR network infrastructure. More of a window really. Upper story window. I suppose it was more than unlocked though. It was wide open with coffee and donuts being served. And a big sign out front that said, "Open House."

Honestly, I screwed up. But the boss overreacted because, at the end of the day, no one came to my party (they rarely do.. I'm not a very good hostess) and a really good lesson was learned. I maintained my composure all the way back to my cube and then broke down and sobbed like a little girl. Not very professional was I!

I don't like getting yelled at. I don't like getting yelled at in front of people either.

Poor Fred. He needs more wine. Enough wine to last the next 536 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment