Wednesday, December 9, 2009

They're back!

Those stinky invisible people have returned. This time they've been sleeping in my mom's bed. How rude!

You see.. it all started at 2:00 am this morning. She called me and told me not to be shocked - but that she was at my house and would I please come downstairs. She said she didn't know how she got here, but here she was. She needed help re-making her bed because she had removed the sheets and washed them in the shower - "those people" had been sleeping in her bed and she didn't want to sleep in their dirty sheets. She wasn't here, of course. But I called the caregivers at her building and "we" (they) got her settled back in and taken care of.

I was so tired when my alarm went off at 5:30 that I decided to go to work late. Only before I could go back to sleep she called to tell me she was at my house again. She couldn't understand that I wasn't just upstairs.

She called again about 6:30. Same story, but this time she was hungry and wanted food as well.

I stopped by her place on my way to work. She was in the dining room, toast in hand. I said, "oh, you finally got breakfast!" She said, "I haven't had breakfast. They haven't fed me all day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment