Friday, December 4, 2009

Is it Snowing??


No! But it's Snoball season just the same!

Jill is going to the big SnoBall dance tomorrow. It's a City-wide winter formal here in Salem. It's a pretty big deal.

The girls ask the boys in some extravagant fashion and then the boys pay for everything. Weird system, but it seems to work.

A couple weeks ago I helped Jill ask her boyfriend, Zeke to the dance. It was quite an adventure. Jill's great idea was to get all her friends to drive by Zeke, one at a time, each with a different word written on their cars..

ZEKE, WILL YOU GO TO SNOBALL WITH ME? ♥JILL

It was a great idea... until her friends started dropping out of the plan. Last minute phone calls to several of my dear friends and we managed to get enough cars afterall. I was "Zeke" Jill was "♥Jill". It was great fun. Zeke said yes. My friend Lori drove around with "Me?" on her car for three days. I wonder what people thought?

So now we've been in the last minute preparation frenzy..

  • dress? check
  • shoes? check
  • handbag? check
  • jewelry? check
  • corsage & boutonniere? check check
Ahh.. to be young again.. here is a photo from MY first winter formal... Don't all laugh at once!

5 comments:

  1. Your daughter is beautiful. Quite a contrast. Kids are so much more sophisticated today than when we were young. But you were lovely as well.

    -- EJA

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww... Thanks so much. I tried to find the photo that had YOU in it.. but I don't know where it is right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got the good-looking one in the photo. You don't need me. I'd just be a distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stating facts, ma'am. Loved the photos of your daughter and her beau and the gang. Looks like they had a good time. When our daughter went to her big dance, there were actually pre-established photo ops where the parents could take shots. My missus was there, snapping away. What a difference from our day.

    Hmmmm ... I'm starting to sound like a old fuddy-duddy ...

    ReplyDelete