Monday, December 14, 2009

It was weekend.. now it's Monday!

Saturday we went a'huntin - Victory was ours! Our prey was clever, but we were cleverer. We strapped our prize to the roof like any successful hunter.











Then we decorated. Mostly Jill, but Peter and I pitched in too. Mostly Jill though.





We took in the Salem Festival of Lights Parade. Jill marched for two miles. It was cold but she was working hard and stayed warm. I dressed in layers and my fancy schmancy algorithm is still unproven.

We went to dinner after the parade and met delightful strangers.



On Sunday we went for a lovely hike at Silverfalls State Park.

Normally, in the cold, I would hunker down in my warm house and look at the world through the window. I have to thank Peter, from the bottom of my heart, for all the beauty and wonder he has shown me. He has opened my eyes to the most amazing things that this world has to offer. He is truly a remarkable human being.

He left last night about 6:00. I hate it when he leaves. :(

Today mom called me. It seems someone sent all her furniture to Placerville, Ca. I took care of that and a few hours later she called me to ask me come pick her up. It seems she was at the service station and needed a ride home. (not). I went over and spent some time with her. She was in her paranoid phase. She was sure her family was in danger. She was quite anxious. According to the front desk, she had yelled at the staff earlier. They were taking out the garbage, she yelled across the common room, "Stop!! My daughter is in there!"

She's very confused. But I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment