Thursday, April 22, 2010

I don't do "wait" well.

I'm sure I've mentioned this before.. I love instant gratification. When I want to do something.. I want to do it NOW.

Days, weeks, months will pass and my hair is just fine.. but one day I wake up and I need my hair cut. now. Not tomorrow. Not this afternoon. now. So I get out the scissors and address the need. Sometimes I regret it but at least I didn't have to wait.

There are lots of things I wait for in my life and I see no reason to wait for things that don't really need to be waited for.

I took a drop spinning class yesterday. It was fun. I want to do more. But I have no drop spindle. oh. wait.. YES I do! :)

I found a yarn shop in Salem that I hadn't known about before. They teach spinning. I wish I'd known. Anyway.. despite their classes - they don't have drop spindles yet. They will later this summer. I would have to wait. I don't like waiting. Have I mentioned that?

My handy book "Teach yourself Handspinning," some junk I had around the house, and a trip to Lowes furnished me with everything I needed to make my own drop spindle.


Materials
  • an old cd
  • some washers
  • glue gun
  • a dowel
  • a cup hook
  • spacers
  • a string






Assemble and start spinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment