Tuesday, May 25, 2010

about 400 days until I move north..

Just thought I'd throw that out there! Woo hoo!

I signed on the dotted line today for the new job. I start June 7th (assuming I pass the criminal background check and that incident in the early 80's never comes to light...). I'm out next week. I don't work Friday's so day-after-tomorrow is my last day with my current job. YIKES! I've been at that job for 16 years. I've worked on the third floor of that building for 16 years. I'll probably go there out of habit!

I was told my new office (cubical really..) is on the "garden level." Doesn't that sound lovely? I was also told that the nickname for this location is... "The dungeon." No windows, low ceilings. Simply charming.

Other news.. The bag I was making for my Aunt is offically done. It's also offically the bag that I hate the most. It simply did not produce a result I'm happy with. I think I shall "shelve" it and start over with something new for her. I'm fairly certain I know what would float her boat so I shall make excuses.. tell her the dog ate it or something and eventually give her something I'm much more pleased with. She'll never know.

oh.. HI Aunt Carmela! Please pretend you didn't read this!

Other, other news: No chickies. There are no chickies for us. I'm very sad. Our last egg produced nothing but gooey egg yolk. ewwww. I'm thinking of skipping the egg stage and just getting little chicks.. but it might be too late for this year.. maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment