Saturday, May 1, 2010

Update and something about dad.

Quick Updates:

  • Mom is doing incredibly well. She is thriving and remembering and "she's back."
  • Job. Still laid off. Still don't know what to do. Pretty sure I'm screwed.
  • Kyle. Working and well.. being a semi-irresponsible 19 year old. Just like he should be.
  • Jill. She's in Seattle having an awesome time on a school art trip. They're staying in a youth hostel and taking in all the museums and sites.
  • Peter. rocks. He's attending a seminar this weekend in Portland so I get to see him for a few hours each night. Plus - he's helping me figure out my employment options. It's nice to have someone to help because it's so confusing.
  • AC&UA came up again this weekend. They brought me a new/used table saw and 100+ year old spinning wheel. We spent today figuring how to make the spinning wheel go.
  • Peter brought 8 eggs for the incubator. We're trying not to cook them. cross your fingers.

Now.. for the Dad story.

My Uncle Art is my dad's older brother. Big brothers know stuff. Probably stuff they should never tell their little brother's children. Uncle Art spilled the beans on one of my father's uh.. adventures. I want to share, before it get's lost.

As the story goes my father liked to drive fast in a less than responsible way. He would take his model "A" out for a spin. He occasionally would attract the attention of the local constabulary. But he would have a head start. They chased.. but they didn't catch.

His trick to making a clean get-a-way? He would pull his model "A" (with a v-8 engine) into the barn, hook a chain to it and hoist it up out of sight.

The police never caught on.

Isn't that funny? I always sensed a hint of mischief behind his eyes. I wonder what else he got up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment