Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Big Day for BOTH my kids!

I've got News..

Tonight was yet another tedious, boring after school affair where I get to sit on hard benches listening to teachers and coaches spout how wonderful ALL the kids are.. yet turn around and give awards to just one or two students. These events always make me cranky. I think it brings back bad memories of my own shortcoming at school. I would join an activity, try my absolute hardest and then get blamed for the team loosing.. oh wait.. That's MY baggage! This is about Jill!

She got an award in Marching Band. Finally! Someone with my genes running in them won something! She won "Director's Choice" which means that of all the kids SHE was the one that impressed him the most with her good attitude and improvement. That's my girl!

and still MORE news..

Kyle got his bandages and stitches out today. The doctor removed the packing in his nose and guess what happened?? My son passed out! He went white, his eyes kinda rolled back in his head, he muttered a "I feel woozy" and ... BANG he was gone. I remained completely calm.. NOT. The doctor remained calm, Kyle's dad remained calm (yes he actually has one) so I felt it was totally in my rights to panic a bit.

He doesn't look too bad! He still has a lot of swelling. If you look at him in profile his nose is about an inch shorter than it used to be. He has to go back in late December after the swelling completely goes to figure out what to do next.

1 comment: