Monday, November 23, 2009

Thank you. Thank you very much!


My mom called me at work today. She was upset.
She could not continue to live where she was. She wanted me to find her a small house where she could live out her days. SOMETHING had to be done.

I assured her I would be there shortly and would take care of everything.

I arrived just before dinner. I sat with her during dinner to see if I saw the situation she was having so much trouble with. I didn't. But during dinner a table mate shared the story of her surprise 90th birthday party. Shortly after than my mother said, "Isn't this a suprise!"
The other diner said, "Why yes, it was wonderful."

A few minutes later Mom said, "I'm so surprised by all this."

The other diner said, "It was very lovely."
(obviously two different conversations going..)

When Mom was done eating I asked her if she was ready to go back to her room. She couldn't understand why we would leave before all the other people.

After much persuasion she finally got up out of her chair to leave the dining room. As we were leaving she turned to the room, and in a very loud and clear voice she said,

"Thank you everyone for coming. Thank you. It was lovely."

One lady on the other side of the room replied, "You're welcome!"

I almost laughed myself silly.

(and by then she had completely forgotten about her earlier issues.)

No comments:

Post a Comment