Friday, November 6, 2009

Down to business

My mother has been in her own apartment for nearly a month. Wow. 4 weeks. It's been a bit of a rough transition with still more work to go. However things are looking up and starting to get "normal" - as soon as we figure out what that is.

Jill and I have been having fun rearranging, redecorating, purging and more. Shower doors have come down, vertical blinds have come down, rooms have been switched, furniture moved, dishes and pots and pans reorganized. We can't find a thing in our kitchen anymore.. but that's not hugely different than it was. Except now when we DO find it, it's where we wanted it. We'll get used to it soon I'm sure. We've put up curtains and are planning new paint colors.

When it comes to decorating we are keeping in mind the goal of selling this house in the summer of 2011. Everything we do first get's the "what will this do for re-sale" process applied to it.

Another thing that we've discovered is that the house is staying cleaner. My mother was not a messy woman in any way - however there is almost never a dish in the sink or a mess on the counter now. I can't figure THAT out at all.

This is all such an adventure and I mean that in the most positive way. It's so exciting (when it's not exhausting) and it's looking so . . . good. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I think I figured out how to get notified of new posts to you blog. Next time you post something, email me also in case this is still a mystery!

    ReplyDelete