Sunday, November 15, 2009

I can run.. but I can't hide

I'm home. It's quiet at the moment. My kids did an excellent job of watching out after each other. They can be pretty good kids when they are forced to be!

Last night my mom phoned. It seems a bunch of kids set up a jewelry store in her room. They were making such a racket she couldn't sleep and she wanted her privacy and would I PLEASE come home and kick them out. I assured her they were imaginary. Then I called her caregivers and asked them to go check on her... which they did. And we decided she would eventually go to sleep despite the "ruckus" in her room plus she promised the staff would check on her several times throughout the night.

I called mom this morning, she was surprised to hear it was morning.. "They" told her it was but she didn't believe them. She was also still concerned about the kids that had been in her room. She was worried someone went through her purse and stole her hearing aids.. she couldn't find them anywhere.

I called Jill and explained the plight. (Sometimes I have a very weird sense of humor..) I asked Jill if she would please go over to her g'mas and *pretend* to purchase jewelry from these imaginary people in order to satisfy Mom's imagination. My request was met with dead silence and then Jill said.. "I'm not going to do that. That would be stupid!!"

I giggled heartily at that because, of course I was teasing. I did ask Jill to help her find her hearing aids (located on the floor behind her bed..)

And all is well. My break was wonderful and I am now renewed to face whatever next week holds...

1 comment:

  1. I bet Jill would have goen to buy the jewelry if you had given her a couple hundred bucks to spend...

    ReplyDelete