Wednesday, August 5, 2009

dinner anyone?

It's not funny anymore. It's not fun in any way. Its scarey.

My mother tried to cook dinner (despite me telling her not to this morning..)

She fell asleep? She spaced out? She forgot? Whatever it was, when I came home from work smoke had filled the house. The pan on the stove was billowing (yes.. billowing!) smoke. She greeted me without a concern in the world when I walked in. She didn't understand why I was in such a panic. Thank GOODNESS I didn't stop for groceries on the way home. I almost did. I don't know why the smoke detectors didn't go off. I shall remedy that before I go to bed.

Starting NOW I shall shut the power off to the stove at the circuit breaker.

Also... starting NOW.. I have to go try and figure out how to clean this pan. Especially since this is the pan that Peter gave me for Valentine's Day. (He's really big on cooking in things that won't rot your brain cells... and he seems to LIKE my brain cells.)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sharon!

    Try this to clean the pan:
    2 TBS or so of white vinegar, a squirt or two of liquid dish soap, and 2 TBS or so of baking soda. Add a little water and bring to a boil for about 10 minutes.
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angela. I managed to get it clean with old fashioned elbow grease. Your way sounds much easier. If, heaven forbid, I have any reason to do that again I shall remember your trick and do it your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. uh-oh...that one was a little scary. dad also told me about the rocking chair repairman =/

    ReplyDelete