Thursday, August 13, 2009

Self Revelations

I get stressed and I eat.
okay.. that's kind of a "duh" moment.
But I also clean and I toss.
I know!
WHO KNEW??!!

And I want to get rid of everything. I seem to be in the mood to purge. I'm having a garage sale this weekend and if it's not nailed down I'm ready to sell it. I want it GONE. Peter has warned me to be careful, I'm trying..but I just really want it gone.

Jill and I cleaned out the pantry today. We found jars and jars of pickles, 5 containers of oatmeal, Rice Krispies in quantities to feed orphanages, massive quantities of jello and aluminum foil. We also found at least 50 pounds of sugar in assorted tupperware and hidey holes.

Picture this..

Busily combining containers of sugar... our attention momentarily elsewhere... a bucket of sugar sitting neglected on the floor...
A dog curious about the smell and the proceedings.. Yup! A dog nose found it's way into the bucket! She snorted sugar! What a nut! I don't think she liked it as much as she thought she would.. sugar up your nose.. Not so fun.

But very funny!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the garage sale! I am in the mood to purge also. I hate having garage sales though. I have used eBay and craigslist for stuff that has some value. I mostly want to rent a dumpster and fill it up - starting with all couches. They are in really bad shape because the cats scrath them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LS,

    Reduce, Recyle and Reuse! Donate to worthy charitys, our rampant consumerism can befit those less fortunate than ourselves. Plus we can get a sizeable tax deduction (see earlier comment about ItsDeductible.com) Its like free money for doing the right thing.

    BB

    ReplyDelete