Saturday, August 1, 2009

Tupperware intervention

It was cruel. My mother loves her tupperware. But a couple things are going on in my house. The new floor required we move a bunch of stuff into the garage which now has to be put back and my son moved out this past week.

I'm trying to make sense out of my chaotic household. I'm trying to minimize and organize and fantasize. I began my mission with the tupperware. I took most (not all) of the tupperware in cupboards around the house and put it in a pile. She has many pieces still in her room and there are gazillions of containers still filled with cereal and crackers and pasta and... I brought my mother out to the pile of plastic so she could have input into what we kept and what we didn't. She wants it all of course. By the end of the discussion she conceded to selling one piece in our garage sale.

I suppose that's progress.

1 comment:

  1. LS,

    When the apocalypse comes and destroys the earth, the only thing left will be cockroaches and tupperware.

    BB

    ReplyDelete