Monday, August 17, 2009

Imaginary People - Girls on the Road


Today was a big day. My 16 year old "baby" and her friend got on a plane and headed to Florida to spend a week with my brother. They got the cheapest flight we could find.. which meant a horrendous trip which included a 4 hour layover in Seattle and an hour stop in Detroit. We were up at 4:00 a.m. and they are not due to arrive until about 9:00 our time. They were excited when they left though. Last time I spoke with Jill - while she was in Detroit - she wasn't so excited any longer.

The day with my mother wasn't so bad today. She seemed almost normal for awhile.. but quickly reverted back to calling me Susan and asking me how long I'd been married to my brother. Kinda creepy. Not only have I been Susan today but our back yard has been filled with people. Three ladies in the fish pond (one in a black bathing suit), an old man on the other side of the fireplace (that looked naked), People flicking cigarette ashes into the pond, a boy by the hydrangea, and many, many more. My mantra for her today has been, "There is no one there, it is your imagination." She says I'm trying to make her think she's crazy.

Yeah. That's my goal.

2 comments:

  1. =(( I hope thinks get easier with Grandma. We're all rooting for you on the east coast =)

    Give me ideas of what Jill likes to do. I'm going to be home Sunday so I planned on doing something fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's 16. She's a girl. Shopping. Talking. Boys. Music. Beach. Talking. Shopping. Boys. Beach. .

    She does like a good run.. but I'm not sure she took her running shoes or clothes - and it's vacation.

    She'll have fun no matter what you do!

    ReplyDelete