Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Back to real life...

Let's start with a pretty vacation picture...

Let's reflect on the peace.

The beauty. The serenity.

The warmth and comfort of the sun.

The feel of the warm sand under my feet.

The scrambling up and down cliffs.. (No. let's not reflect on that).

The relaxing sound of the waves and the wind.

Breathe deep. yes. I think I've re-found my chi..

That's enough! Back to real life!

My daughter has "back-to-school" cooties. Every kid seems to get them at the beginning of the school year. You throw 2000 kids together in close confines and cooties swarm like South American Killer Bees. She has been huddled near the toilet most of the day. Poor baby. I really feel bad for her. She doesn't need a lot of attention, but she does need her Mommy a little. (YAY for Mommies everywhere!)

Then there's my mother.. she started the day by playing the game "who am I?" I only got a few clues..

  • My ex sister-in-law, Madge used to be "the talk of the town."
  • I was just an innocent little kid.
  • Effie did the same thing, only was more discreet and looked down her nose at Madge.
  • Madge lived around the corner from the post office.
Not much to go on.. then she threw me a curve ball and asked me what my last name was. Yikes! I had no idea!

She took a nap and shortly thereafter we began the "I am the enemy" thing again. I really hate that. She was sure that I was doing something illegal by purchasing my home without her signature. I could not explain it to her satisfaction and finally had to call in the the big guns - aka my brother.

I made a beautiful pot roast with home-grown potatoes and onions cooked to a lovely tenderness. No one ate it but me. :(

This evening we noticed Mom had started to puff up like a balloon. Her legs are so swollen she can hardly bend her knees. I've given her an extra "water pill" and called the cardiologist. If she's not better by morning off we go to see them. Or.. maybe we will make a trip to the ER tonight.. Let's just see how it goes. Isn't life a great adventure?

No comments:

Post a Comment