Friday, September 18, 2009

It's Friday!

It's been a good day!

I took my mom for a ride today. I built it up.. I told her we were going to go have some fun! In reality - I had to get some stuff done and the only way I could do it was to take her along. We went to the car appraiser place and arranged to get the car fixed. What a relief to finally have THAT chore done!

Just a couple minutes after we left the repair shop my mom looked at me and said, "I get it! It all makes sense!" I've fallen for that before and had her turn around and ask me if my parents were alive or dead.. so I didn't really believe her. But.. it was true! It was like someone had flipped a switch. She new it all. Everything. How exciting! She knew who I was (and am!), she remembered Jerry and all of her grandkids, she remembered old things and new things. We chatted up a storm. It was such a wonderful feeling to have her back. I don't, for a minute, think this will last but I shall enjoy it for all it's worth while it does.

After her revelation we went shopping and had lunch, just like old times. During our shopping excursion I found lovely gifts for Peter.

And.. I would like to thank one and all for your great suggestions. EJA.. great ideas! Tara.. awesome (that's what's in the blue bag)! Cybil.. you rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment