Sunday, September 13, 2009

Vacation is over.. Sharon got cranky.

Gosh I love Peter. He's like.. the bomb. The best. The most wonderful guy.

However..

Sunday we left here, got there, parked the trailer, got in the car, pointed north and ran up and down hills and cliffs and rocks. The weather was stormy, the seas were whipped to a frenzy. There was drama at sea.

We got back to the campsite just in time to start a campfire, admire it for a few minutes and crash.

Monday we got up, headed south, ran up and down hills and cliffs, rocks and lighthouses. We made it all of 10 miles in 10 hours. We saw beautiful scenery. The ocean had quieted and the weather cleared. The sun was out and it was hot! We dawdled for about 2 hours over lunch (at the brew pub!), but other than that.. we were on the go all day.


Tuesday we headed south again. The weather was still fabulous and the scenery continued to amaze. I've lived in Oregon my whole entire life and I've NEVER been very far south of Newport or north of Florence. We went to the original Yaquina lighthouse. The coastline get's fantastic. We made it as far as Cook's Chasm, a particularly rugged bit of coast. We got back to the campsite after dark - just barely in time to enjoy a fire for a little bit.


Wednesday, again it was up and going. We headed south again to view the wonders. Up and down the cliffs. Wandering around on rough shores and rugged landscape. Peter took lots of photos. To pass the time while Peter photographs EVERYTHING, I've taken up a hobby.. the ancient art of rock stacking. This is one of my better masterpieces.



By late Wednesday afternoon I was dragging. I was uncommunicative. I was cranky. I'd been having a good time, but I'm overweight and out of shape and scrambling up and down inclines for 4 days was definitely wearing on me. It's not unusual for Peter to spend hours a day shoveling, digging, hauling, moving, planting and more. He's fit. I just wanted to sit. I wanted to poke at the campfire and read a book and drink too much wine and nap if I wanted to.

I whined and complained.. Peter listened. Funny thing.. it really is true, men CAN'T read your mind! You have to tell them what you want.

Thursday we slept in, We meandered north to Depot Bay, I poked in the shops, bought a few gifts. We saw a whale. We went back to the beach, Peter flew kites while I relaxed with a book and a bottle of wine. We watched the sun set. We had a campfire. I fell asleep by the fire, only to be disturbed by an angry racoon (did you know they growl?)


The vacation was wonderful - even the fast paced part. I'd like not to go back to work tomorrow. It's so unfortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment