Sunday, September 27, 2009

If at first you don't succeed..

Goat's Milk Cheese - Try #2

I took my failed attempt at making goat cheese a bit hard. The concept was good, the recipe wasn't. I found another recipe - not much different from the first - but this one includes specifics like temperatures and amounts.

So.. Here I go again!

First, heat 2 quarts of goats milk to 190 degrees (a step missing in the previous attempt) - in a stainless steel pot (another missing step - but one I happened to follow anyway).

Then, take it from the heat and let it cool to 100 degrees THEN add the lemon juice. 2 teaspoons to be exact. (yet more missing details)





So.. I did that..

I added 2 teaspoons of lemon juice..

nothing..

I added an additional 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar..

nothing. It was supposed to get all chunky and curdly and .. well CHEESY.


I guess I shall try again someday. I'd like to find a supplier of fresh outta the goat goat's milk rather than processed and pasteurized milk.. Maybe THAT's my problem.

I'm sure I'm not making any mistakes. (HAH!)

No comments:

Post a Comment