Thursday, September 17, 2009

Shiver me Timbers! Avast Yon Matey!

My best friend is turning 50. It's true.. I'm "the older woman" by 15 days. Peter turns 50 on Saturday. That would be international "talk like a pirate day" as well.

Normally I'm quite an organized sort. I would have planned and purchased and crafted and hunted down the perfect gift.

Not so this year. I'm completely disorganized. I did find one thing but it won't be ready to be given until next week. Very poor planning. I wish I could tell you what it was, but then *he* would read about it and the surprise would be gone. I'm not very good at keeping secrets to start with.

Not only that but the thing I got for him is a bit lame. It's not bad.. but it really doesn't have that "wow" factor.. especially when he gave me candy, a book (something about getting old so that shouldn't really count), two dozen roses, this head scratchy wirey thing and this...


In case you're wondering.. It's a custom made, stylized "S" with an intertwined heart. Pendant and earrings. It had "wow" factor. I'm quickly running out of time, I can't hardly leave the house and I'm out of ideas. Anybody got any good ones?

*Oh.. and Peter? You're not allowed to read the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment