Sunday, June 28, 2009

707:12:47 - Bathtime!

I have the funniest dog. She is part Beagle, part Norwegian Elkhound and part Princess. She loves to sleep on something soft - much like the princess and the pea. She will sleep on the sofa (even though it's against the rules) and she even sleeps on Peter's bed when she can get away with it.. but shhh.. don't tell Peter.

She absolutely hates being wet. Water is only good for drinking. She will NOT go outside to pee if it is raining. She won't. If it HAS been raining and she must go outside she will tiptoe and she will pick her way through the grass like the water will hurt her. She will walk along the edge of the flowerbed on the 4 inch brick "curb" rather than get her toes damp. She hides at the first sign of sprinklers and hoses. Don't EVEN think about taking her swimming!!

The other day I decided she needed a bath. Baths, by design are wet. For days I've been trying to lure her into the shower. No luck. I tried to trick her into the bathtub. No luck.

I finally resorted to sneaking up on her while distracting her with a good session of "ball." I had prepared the hose and the soap and the towels. This approach will probably not work twice. You would have thought I was axe murdering the poor dear. She shivered and shook and twisted and spun and backed up and went forward and . . . oh my gosh. I got nearly as wet as she did. We both lived through the ordeal, just barely, and now she smells like pomegranate body wash.. awwwww.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! There is lots of drama at our house too when it is time to bathe Sushi. Jill gets in the tub with Sushi - that seems to work the best.

    ReplyDelete