Saturday, May 9, 2009

Day 43

Here's the pergola.. from the inside out.
Today I worked on the floor and the trellis and the lawn and the flowerbed. I painted and sanded. Hard hard work.
I was sanding the floor of the pergola with the $5.00 belt sander I bought at a garage sale last year. (Tara will be pleased to know I was wearing safety glasses! ) For $5.00 you don't get an instruction manual. I spent a very long time trying to change the belt. My son put the first belt on it. Who knows how he learned but he wasn't here today and I had to do it myself. First I had to take off the old one. I nearly severed my finger! Blood, guts, bone shards everywhere (okay.. I exaggerate.. I DID cut myself but I had to squeeze the boo-boo very hard to get any blood from it - it DID sting like the dickens though!) After I finally got the old belt off I had to put the new belt on. I struggled and struggled. I pushed, I shoved I twisted, I cursed. I was about to give up when I accidentally pushed on this secret lever and poof... easy cheesey. Now that I know how it works - I guess $5.00 was a really good price!

No comments:

Post a Comment