Monday, May 11, 2009

Day 45

I'm getting a new stove! Saints be praised! Glory be! Thank goodness!
My old stove had some weird glitch that made the alarm go off at random times (usually about 2:00 in the morning). It's been doing this off and on for years. Last fall Peter tried to fix it and created some electrical arc which welded a screwdriver to it. Oddly enough it seemed to have fixed the problem for several months. But about 2 weeks ago it started screaming again worse than ever. We have kept it off at the circuit breaker and only turn the power back on while using it. It's very distracting to try to cook while your stove is beeping like a dump truck backing up.

So I finally broke down and bought a new stove. It's being delivered tomorrow. I bought it at Sears and their installation cost was $150.00. I'm too cheap to pay that! In preparation, my daughter and I have "uninstalled" the old stove. This is her, removing a bracket that was keeping the stove from sliding all the way out. It's good to have limber, handy children.
Shortly after I moved into this house I replaced my front deck because it had dry rot. During the replacement I kept hoping that I would find a note from the previous owner tucked under a board or stashed somewhere safe, apologizing for the mess and including some cash to help pay for the replacement. I looked everywhere under the stove.. no money here either.

No comments:

Post a Comment