Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

I was awakened this morning with breakfast and coffee in bed. The little darlings brought me the newspaper. I slowly and luxuriously read the paper cover to cover. When I finally decided to get out of bed I discovered that my entire house was spotless. My two teenagers couldn't wait to serve my every whim... To profess the love and appreciation they felt for their one and only MOM. They massaged my shoulders and rubbed my feet. They made dinner and did the dishes.

.... and then I REALLY woke up. Hours before either of my kids. I fetched my own paper, made my own coffee and I made breakfast for them! I continued with my labors outside today. My daughter chose, of her own free will, to help out today. My son helped only when forced to do so - although he did begin the process of cleaning up the garage on his own - so that he could use his workbench he said.

Oh course, I managed to really irk my own mother today so I suppose I taught them very well.

Happy Mother's Day to all you Mom's out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment