Friday, May 1, 2009

My little dope shop

I have cooties. Specifically ~ laryngitis. I squeak and croak and make weird noises when I try to talk. My mother is hard of hearing. We had a fascinating day today. As we drove past my current idea of a perfect goat shop, I said, "That will be my little goat shop!" and my mother said.

"Your little DOPE shop??!!!!"

She makes me laugh. It took me nearly 2 miles to explain to her what I was talking about. A bit later I said "The vet called." and she said "Who's Lavette?" We decided to spend the rest of the day in companionable silence...

Today was a work day.. sanding, painting, pond cleaning, rototilling, digging and more. I had a troupe of teenagers helping me. Look! It CAN happen. Of course, it cost me dinner out at their favorite Mexican Restaurant. Even Sophie got in on the action.
I think it will be a lovely wedding.

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome! Nicely done. You know... selling dope would probably be more profitable than raising goats. I'm just saying...

    ReplyDelete