Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Day 54

Teenage boys are stupid. Yesterday my 18 year old son was out and about doing whatever it is 18 year old boys do after school (sometimes it's better not to ask). I was peacefully ignorant of any "goings on." He came in about 9:15.

When he came in I barely looked his direction and then gave him the interrogation..

"Were you having fun?" "yes"
"Were you working?" "no"
"Were you making out with your girlfriend?" "sure"

I looked at him more closely at that point.

His clothes were a bit tattered. He was quite dirty and grimy. He had blood on him. (blood!??!! I'm a mom.. BLOOD does not belong on my baby boy!!!)

He held up his left hand and said.. "look what I did!"

The child.. my 6'2", 230 pound baby had a homemade tourniquet wrapped around his hand. He'd fallen on an axe he told me. His girlfriend bandaged it he said. Furthermore.. He'd fallen on this axe HOURS before but was having too much fun to stop and see to the wound properly.

So off we trotted to the Silverton ER. It's pretty sad when you start to recognize the doctors and nurses in an emergency room. He got a tetanus shot and a scolding.. It was too late for stitches so they cleaned it up, pulled the edges of the gaping wound together and sent us on our way.

2 comments: