Sunday, May 31, 2009

Day 62 - Pre Wedding prep

Lawn mowing, weeding, edging, rehearsals, table placements, decorating, oh my!

By 7:00 I was still toiling away - weeding the front lawn but who should appear - 4 hours early?? My dear Peter. What a wonderful surprise. I actually squealed like a 12 year old! He's been known to surprise me before.

At Christmas time my house had been snowed in (almost) for days.. They had shut I-5 even. By Christmas, things were getting better here but worse where he lives. He was supposed to come down Christmas eve - but instead, sensibly, he spent the day shoveling snow with the intention of getting out Christmas morning and coming down. I missed him but it was the smart thing to do. Christmas morning I woke about 6:00 and checked the weather and the WDOT webcam by his house - 6 more inches of snow! There was no way he was going to make it out. I went downstairs to make coffee. As I was standing at my kitchen window, there in the dark appeared this face.. Peter had left about midnight and driven all night.

I think I squealed then too! But it was a wonderful Christmas present indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment