Sunday, May 31, 2009

AAAAAHHHHHHH!

I slept until 9:00 a.m. I do not recall the last time I slept that late.

It was a rough night though - My son went to a drive-in movie. It doesn't matter how old they are - you worry. I was tossing and turning until 1:00 - his estimated time of arrival. But the movie wasn't over yet and he rescheduled his ETA to 2:00 a.m. By the time he got home (at 2:30) I was so sound asleep the boy had to shake me awake to tell me he was home. So much for the concerned parent.

He also told me - at 2:00 a.m. - that Sophie had "had a problem" during the night and there was the most vile diarrhea-esque poop spread through the living room (carpet!), kitchen (whew, linoleum), and yet more in the family room (more carpet!). That is certainly no way to be woken in the middle of the night! He and I spent quite a bit of time gagging while cleaning.

Peter and I did almost nothing today. We went to lunch. We napped. We drank a glass of wine. He went home.

I'm sad. again.

No comments:

Post a Comment