Sunday, July 26, 2009

As Gomer Pyle would say.. "Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!"

Peter and I chatted on the phone last night until about 10:30. At which time he proclaimed exhaustion after a very demanding week and that he needed to go to sleep. We arranged to Skype this morning (as we tend to do on Saturdays and Sundays).

I woke and turned on my computer and .. no Peter. I thought since he was SO tired last night that he must be sleeping in. I didn't phone him as I didn't want to wake him if he was sleeping.

At about 9:00 a.m he phoned and said he couldn't get his computer on line and that we'd have to be happy with the old fashioned method of just talking on the phone. That didn't seem so bad so I stretched out on my bed and we started talking. Jill was in my room and she let out a squeal. I looked toward the door of my bedroom and saw a person. Quickly I thought, "that's too tall to be my mom." Then I thought, "Kyle shouldn't be home yet." And then I thought, "oh my gosh, a burgler!" And then I realized it was PETER!

He had gotten in the car about 3:00 a.m. to drive down to finish the floors. He had known ALL WEEK that he was going to do this but wanted to surprise me. I loved the surprise but it was bitter sweet as he had to leave tonight.

Not only that, but we STILL didn't get the floors completely done. Mostly though.. just trim work and some grouting.

No comments:

Post a Comment