Thursday, July 23, 2009

Deer Me!

The coolest thing happened this morning.

I was driving down my very suburban street (very suburban) and two deer darted out in front of me! They dashed across the road, leaping even - into the vegetable garden of a house nearby. It was so amazing. I stopped the car and tried to take a photo - but all I had was my cell phone camera. There was a rat-a-tat-tat on my car window and there stood this lady with a huge professional looking camera and a gleam in her eye asking if I had seen the deer. It seems when she had gotten up and opened her curtains the deer were grazing in her front yard. She and her little fluff-ball of a dog had gone in hot pursuit.

She and I decided to collaborate to get better photos. Nothing like wildlife to bring strangers together!

Since she had the better camera, I kept her little dog (who didn't seem to care for me overly much) and she snuck around to get a better photo from the other side. Unfortunately her movements scared the poor dears and they came bolting out of the garden in the direction they had come. Which just happened to be the exact spot I was standing.

I stood frozen.. staring down the snout of a very scared deer (and I think the little dog peed herself). Fortunately the deer veered and I was spared. I fumbled with my cell phone camera and managed to get this photo as they swung to the right. I wish it were better - but it's still better than anything the lady with the big camera got. hahaha. That says something for my silly little LG Env!

Look too - none of the deers hooves are on the ground. It's in mid-air. Isn't it just the coolest thing??

4 comments:

  1. Fun! Reminds me of when I went for a run a few weeks ago and saw two fawns playing in the creek, I took out my LG Env2 to get a quick picture, but two very loud annoying bikers decided to stop and say HEY look at the deer!! Which scared the poor things off

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! And to have one get that close to you too - neat experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Angela! You were so lucky to spy the fawns. Stoopid bikers! I have an LG env2 too. I love it. Although the LG Env3 is pretty cute..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good pic Sharon! Mark also likes your new flooring!!

    ReplyDelete