Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sunday - 9:00 pm

We're done. Or at least as done as we can get for now. We never made it into the laundry or powder rooms. We haven't finished replacing all the trim. Tools are everywhere. Peter is getting ready to leave. He won't be getting home until about 3:00 a.m. That's just too late! Melancholy is setting in.

My blog is up-to-date. I'm in need of a shower. My mother's birthday is officially over (she's had three this week!).

I think.. the lesson I've learned here is that from now on I shall hire this work to be done or I maybe I shall take it on if I'm not under such a time constraint. I don't like being rushed with these things. I want to take my time and enjoy the process. I learned a lot though. Which is good because Phase 2 of the flooring project is hardwood through the rest of the downstairs and up the stairs.

I hope Peter will be recovered from this in time to help with that! bwaa haaahaaaa.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice. Good job and XOXO to Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. daddy didnt mention that you guys were taking this on! it looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Maddy. He was a little confused on what was going on.. His information source isn't always so reliable.

    ReplyDelete