Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Today is NOT my mother's birthday

You know.. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

My mom thought today was her birthday. She waited all day for her son (my brother to call her). She waited for me to call from work to wish her a happy birthday. She waited for a cake. She anticipated going out to dinner. She showered and dressed and did her hair.

Jill called me at work about 5:45 to tell me how unhappy Grammy was that no one remembered her birthday and that she was expecting dinner out at the restaurant of her choice.

She was quite flummoxed to find out that her birthday isn't until Sunday. We went to dinner anyway and called my brother on the way. We had a fine celebration. The waitress didn't understand at all, why we said things like.. "you should have ice cream! after all, it's not your birthday!"

2 comments:

  1. Maybe she wanted to have a week long birthday celebration, instead of just one day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Angela. And..you should have brought home a cake - a new one every day. She should be entitled to celebrate whenever she wants, and as often as she wants.

    ReplyDelete