Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 11 - ruminations

I took today off as vacation. I had to drive home from Peters. It's a 5 hour drive in perfect weather and driving conditions. That's what happened today. 5 hours. I flew through Everett, Seattle, & Tacoma.. the normal slow spots. The weather was wonderful. I had the windows down and the radio up. It was a surprisingly lovely drive.

While proceeding safely and cautiously on I-5 I had time to think. I must confess, I did not devote all 5 hours to goats. That would be a bit obsessive I think. I thought about work and my mother, and my kids, and my friends, and my car, and Peter and.. goats. I don't suppose keeping, maintaining and becoming productive with goats is really very practical. I don't know anything about goats. What am I thinking?? I'm crazy. That's for sure. Nuts. Whacko. Absolutely off my rocker. What am I thinking??

However.. If you can make goat cheese from goat's milk, why can't you make goat yogurt? Goat cottage cheese? Couldn't you make virtually any cow's milk product with goat's milk? Why hasn't some one already done that? Do you suppose it tastes terrible? But if it DID taste terrible why would that matter? People eat goat cheese and drink goat's milk and those taste terrible.

So many things to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment