Sunday, April 5, 2009

Peter's -Day 2

Sunday's we play. Sundays are good. Usually doing stuff outside. Sometimes wine tasting, sometimes a drive, but almost always hikes are involved. Today we drove north. We drove all the way to Whistler, B.C. We investigated Shannon Falls, Porteau Cove, Howe Sound, Brandywine Falls, Squamish, Whistler, and more.

The main goal of our trip was to see Brandywine Falls. However, snow covered the parking lot ~ and we now know to stay out of snow filled parkintg lots ~ so we parked outside the lot, along hwy 99 and hiked in. We were the only ones brave enough (or stupid enough) to take on this challenge and so were the only ones for miles and miles. This was quite appealing to me until Peter mentioned seeing bear spoor and bear tracks. Despite that we had a lovely picnic lunch on the deck overlooking the falls. We ate smoked salmon (I'm sure a bear's favorite food!) and drank wine from a plastic taco bell cup. Such class! This photo is of the stream before it plummets over the falls.
We watched the sun set over Howe Sound. It was so very breathtaking. Click on the picture to see if full screen. It really does leave me in awe of nature...


Despite my busy busy weekend, I have managed to work on my knitting for a bit. I have nearly perfected the art of knit one, purl two & knit two, purl two. I think I'm nearly ready to tackle an actual project. A scarf? A hat? A cable-knit, button down sweater with contrasting cuffs (probably not) I should start with a scarf I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment