Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day 6

My mother lives with me. She's quite ill and woke me the other morning at 3:00. After I got her back to bed I lay awake staring into the darkness thinking about goats and my plan. I realized I have two serious goat problems. I figure I need about 5 goats. 5 lactating goats. In order to get goats lactating the goats must have kids. If the goats have kids I'll end up with more than 5 goats. In theory I could sell the goats - which would add to my income but could I stand to sell my precious babies? I think not. My goat herd shall expand and expand and I'll be in real trouble. I'll be like that "octet" mother in California. How could I stand that kind of criticism?

My second problem is that if I have goats that require daily milking I will be forever trapped milking goats. What about vacations? What about Europe? What about weekends at the luxury spa? I wonder if the local temp agency would have experienced goat milkers?

My mother is ill (I know I said that..) but part of her illness results in her saying some very very odd things. Let me share today's conversation (Peter is my awesome boyfriend)

The scene: In the car and we passed a little empty corner farmer’s market.

Me: That’s what I need for my little goat shop
She: Goats?! I don’t think Peter is very good for you
Me: Why would you say that?
She: Because you’ll end up with worms in your pants.

Two years seems like a very long time...

No comments:

Post a Comment