Saturday, April 11, 2009

Day 16

I like goat cheese! No one is more surprised than I am. I figured it would taste icky.. but no. It tastes yummy - and it goes well with wine! I'm so happy. I had to learn to like coffee.. it's nice to know I won't need to learn to like goat cheese.

I knitted last night, and this morning. Obviously, I could use more social interaction in my life if I'm knitting on a Friday night. However, I made siginificant progress. I knitted about 8 inches into a scarf, only to decide I could do better.. I started over and I'm only about 2 inches into the new, improved version. I'll try to get a photo up tomorrow of my progress. I'm quite pleased with scarf v.2 rather than scarf v. 1.0. Angela, how are you doing? You said you were going to knit tonight...

I did some on-line goat research. I found out that people who have goats, LOVE their goats. That's encouraging. I also found out about nursing kids and how to build appropriate shelters. I'm putting together a fine binder full of goat stuff.

Mom story!

I took her for a drive this afternoon to the Woodburn Tulip Festival. As we were driving through the country side I pointed to a pasture and said, "They have sheep!"
My mom replied, "good luck finding some place here."
I asked her what she meant.
She said, "You said you had to pee, right?"

She's so funny.

2 comments:

  1. Dave made an excellent goat cheese tart for Easter brunch. Should I send you a piece? The first time I had goat cheese was with a really nice Riesling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did knit on Friday night, and Saturday night, and after brunch on Sunday...My scarf is coming along quite nicely. I'll have to email you a picture.

    ReplyDelete