Sunday, April 26, 2009

Goats!

You gotta love goats!! These darlings were at the Salem Agfest today. The first time I went by they were all asleep and peaceful, the second time it was like someone had put ants in their pants. Apparently the active kids are more common than the sleeping ones. This video doesn't do them justice, one it was taken with my cell phone, and two, just minutes before the three little ones were playing "king of the bucket" and were hopping like crazy from bucket to box and knocking each other off. The littlest one was probably only 12 inches tall, and they were born on March 19th.


I saw Pygora goats (cute - but not overly friendly), alpacas, sheep, lambs (awwwww), calves, chickens, bunnies and more! There was a miniature donkey who had a wooden fence around his cage with a note that said, "Hi, my name is Bubbles and I'm upset today. Please dont' touch me." They said he started biting people yesterday. Poor Bubbles! I think I'll make a sign like that form my cubical at work. At the Agfest, I also saw people carding wool, and spinning wool. But I didn't get a chance to talk with them. There were kids everywhere - and not just the goat kind. Although I did enjoy watching the John Deere tricycle races and they had this cool wooden cow with "equpiment" attached to it so that the children could practice milking.

2 comments:

  1. I am totally going to make a sign like that for my office. Maybe, just maybe, Angela can work on that for me while I am in Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a great idea for your office door hehe I'll get right on making that for you!

    ReplyDelete