Thursday, April 23, 2009

Day 28


I should not own pets. That probably means goats as well. When I get a pet I fall in love. They become members of my family. They are my children.

Monday night my dog Sophie, a 13 year-old german shepard mix struggled up the stairs like she does every night lately. Just after she got up the stairs she fell, bashing her head on the dresser. She was stuck where she landed and could not seem to move. She was very frightened. I lay down on the floor with her and cried.

Dogs should live as long as humans. I've cried a lot in the last few days.

There has been lots of Sophie-drama in the last few days, including me thinking I had killed her by giving her medicine meant for another dog and a resulting trip to the emergency vet last night. She is spending tonight at the regular vetrinarians office. They think she might get to come home tomorrow.
My heart is breaking. The house is empty without her. Which seems hard to believe when I still have one little old lady, two teenagers, a guinea pig, another dog & a cat roaming the halls. But it's not the same without her. I hope she comes home tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Sophie! I want to cry too. It is normal for our pets to be members of our famiy. I am trying to figure out a way to sneak one of mine in my suitcase.

    ReplyDelete