Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day 24 - aka "Can we go to Target?"

My daughter is a "pill." I'll give you a sample of what today was like...

It's very hard for me to blog tonight. Can we go to Target? I'm in what I call my "melancholy's." I'm feeling quite sad. Can we go to Target? Peter has left to go home (last report he was passing through Fort Lewis) and I'm left here without him. Can we go to Target? It's always easier for me when I leave there than when he leaves here. Perhaps because "the leaver" has the distraction of having to drive Can we go to Target? for 6 hours, while "the stayer" has to walk around thinking how empty things are without "the leaver."

Today we drove to Bend to view the famous "Pilot Butte." Can we go to Target? Bend is in the Oregon Dessert. It was HOT. It WAS dessert after all. It was an intersting trip that began with a recalcitrant and pouty daughter. Can we go to Target? please mommy? I was bragging to someone the other day about how wonderful my 15 year old daughter was. None of that girl drama that so many parents Can we go someplace that start with a "T" and ends with an "arget?" tell stories about. I had to eat all my words this morning. Can we go to Target? Her life was in crisis and I was an uncaring parent. Can we go to Target? The end result of all the drama? She and her 15 year old boyfriend accompanied us to Bend. Can we go to Target? It was like double dating with your child. Can we go to Tar-jay? please mommy? Not something I would recommend on a regular basis. Kind of creepy really. The boys had fun though, skipping rocks in a river Can we go to Target? and the daughter and boyfriend had "who could throw the rock the farthest" contests. Oh look, Bend has a Target

Part of the problem, you'll never guess, was that she wanted to go to Target. We made it through the day without going to Target. Can we go to Target? I might break down by tomorrow. I'll probably have Target nightmares tonight and I don't know how much more I can handle really...

No comments:

Post a Comment